By upgrading their broker extranet and group benefit platforms from Kentico 7 to 9, and replacing the dated proprietary CMS of their consumer-facing site with Kentico 9, ecentricarts addressed Economical’s usability and efficiency pain-points across all three websites in one fell swoop. We incorporated a host of custom functionalities into the new CMS to improve the online experience for Economical’s content teams as well as each site’s end users, resulting in a more contemporary, custom, and user-friendly experience.
Content editors for both Economical.com and EconomicalSelect.com can now create new pages and manipulate content site-wide with ease, while branded marketing material order forms (brochures, packages, etc.) can be created, added, and processed faster than ever at SelectBrokerResources.ca.
Our team found a great balance between allowing Economical content editors CMS flexibility, without creating total anarchy — all text background colours, page layouts, and image placements can be changed with ease, but we’ve hard-coded specific style parameters so that every page will always be on brand, no matter the configuration.
Another key benefit was the addition of custom macro settings — once logged in to an Economical Select account, users see different banner images depending on their industry/field of work specified in their benefits package. Industries include emergency services, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and more.
Key User Experience Features
- Increased site performance (faster page load times, improved information architecture) for both consumers and internal content administrators
- Geolocation capabilities so only applicable insurance options are displayed
- Fully responsive
- AODA compliant as reviewed by Economical Insurance's in-house accessibility consultant (Economical.com)
- Simple layout and easy creation of collateral ordering forms (SelectBrokerResources.ca)
Key Technology Features
- Custom Kentico widgets for high degree of page control/flexibility
- Custom macros for content personalization (EconomicalSelect.com)
- eCommerce premium payment transactions via Moneris Hosted Tokenization API
- Use of Kentico email marketing to manage newsletter subscriptions and content
- Internal Economical system integration for location-based “Find a Broker” functionality
- Kentico and Google Analytics integration for conversion and behaviour tracking
- MVC controllers to incorporate custom smart search indexes through the Smart Search API (Economical.com)
- Taleo HR portal integration for career listings and job applications (Economical.com)