Senior Web Application Developer
In this role, you’ll be developing engaging and performance driven web applications, websites and components. You’ll work within a highly rewarding Agile environment that’s powered by collaboration with your team and our clients.
How to tell if you're the right fit?
Simply put, you’re a SOLID developer who architects well considered solutions, strives to learn new technologies and approaches, and isn’t happy unless the team and the client are smiling from ear to ear. You have lead teams before, helped to mentor and “level-up” other developers and are always looking for opportunities to reduce overhead and technical debt for the team.
- Easy commute to our office in downtown Toronto
- Flexible working hours that suit early birds or snooze masters
- Recharge your batteries with ample vacation time
- Get that dental checkup or RMT with full benefits (extended health, dental, life, and disability)
- Never stop growing with professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- Dress for comfort in our casual, open-office environment
- Raise a glass with us every Friday at beer o’clock
- University degree or diploma in interactive development, computer science or a related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience working as a senior technical architect / project lead. “Full stack” experience preferred
- Experience in .NET 4.x and web application development (C#), ASP.Net Web Forms, ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Web API - minimum of 5 years of professional experience in .NET development
- Relational database design and programming expertise (MS SQL Server), knowledge of and/or experience with NoSQL technologies such as RavenDB, MongoDB, DocumentDB etc
- Proven experience with DevOps, continuous integration and deployment using tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Web Deploy, Octopus Deploy, Fake, Cake, Gulp etc
- Advanced source code management skills with Git using branching strategies such as Git Flow, and managing code reviews with pull requests
- Strong debugging skills combined with experience using performance and load testing tools
- Fluent in HTML5/CSS3
- A minimum of one year of experience working with our primary content management platform, Kentico CMS, or at least two years of professional experience working with another .NET-based CMS (e.g., EpiServer, SiteCore, Sitefinity, DotNetNuke, Ektron)
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role with strong leadership, organizational, communication and negotiation skills
- Professional experience working in Scrum and / or Kanban with Agile teams
- Sense of humour
- Development experience using Headless CMS platforms e.g. Contentful, Prismic, Kentico Cloud
- You’ve worked on complex projects involving such challenges as back-office integration, ecommerce, donation platforms, micro services and 3rd party APIs
- Experience designing web service contracts so that others can integrate with your solutions and developing these as RESTful APIs
- Develop (in collaboration with other team members) creative, functional and maintainable and performance driven web applications, websites and components
- Write high-quality, re-usable code following industry best practices and can teach others to follow your lead
- Project based work, as well as contributing to our internal library of reusable components
- Develop (in collaboration with other team members) best practices and standards for application development, and development operations within the studio
- Manage development teams on your projects (task assignment, code review)
- Manage all operational aspects of your projects - including the development pipeline, source control, branching & merging, continuous integration and deployment.
- Write concise technical documentation for new and enhanced solutions according to established standards
- Provide estimates on work efforts
- Other duties, as assigned
The fine print
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in Canada. If you are not eligible you will not be considered so please don't apply
- NO recruiters please. None at all. We already have our preferred recruiters
Please send your resume and cover letter to David Fahy.