Intermediate Front End Developer - 6 Month Contract
We’re in search of an Intermediate Front End Developer! In this role, you will be responsible for translating UI designs into responsive templates and components, then integrating those templates into content management systems for a range of web projects. As a Front End Developer, you will collaborate closely with the creative team, helping to define how applications look and work, and see the design through to technical implementation.
How to tell if you are the right fit?
You want all work you deliver to elevate the experience of the user whether it is through subtle UI animations and movement, the accessible interface you coded, or the incredibly fast performance of the page.
You love collaboration and believe in sharing your experience and expertise, using it to mentor team members and help us improve and evolve our processes.
- Easy commute to our office in downtown Toronto
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
- Never stop growing with professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- Dress for comfort in our casual, open-office environment
- 3+ years of professional experience in Front End Development
- Experience coding accessible interfaces – you believe the web is for everyone
- Experience with and knowledge of performance optimization techniques – you know how to build fast sites
- An eye for design and user interface animation – you believe in creating a system of components that elevate design and engage the user
- A love of collaboration – you want to share knowledge at the team, department, and company level
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment – you know how to prioritize your work load and productively get things done
- Ability to communicate clearly internally and client facing – you speak well and write well
- Experience with content management systems is desired – we primarily work with Kentico CMS and Wordpress
- Experience working with Agile practices in Scrum and/or Kanban a plus
- Knowledge of server side languages C# ASP.Net, SQL, and PHP
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams regarding to layout, functionality and user interface interactions
- Responsible for image production
- Responsible for integrating HTML layouts into content management systems (Kentico or Wordpress)
- May be responsible for providing estimates
- Project based work, as well as participation in an ongoing internal efforts to develop to reusable components
- Development of, in collaboration with other team members, best practices and standards for front-end development within the studio
- Other duties, as assigned
The Fine Print
- You MUST include a link to an online portfolio or github to be considered
- You MUST currently be eligible to work in Canada
- No agencies or recruiters
Please send a cover letter and resume to Sarah Pengelly.