Senior QA Analyst
As a full-time senior QA Analyst at ecentricarts, you will collaborate with fellow UI/UX, development and project management team members to create digital project specifications and lead the development and execution of project test strategies and related test plans.
Projects will include the design and development of corporate websites, online business applications and mobile/mobile web applications.
Your key day-to-day tasks will include gap analysis of functional and technical specifications, defining project QA strategies, planning and execution of test cases, and reporting on recorded issues and project progress. You will also be responsible for recognizing and flagging potential project bottlenecks and risks.
Note: applicants must already be qualified to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or a valid work permit are prerequisites).
- Easy commute to our office in downtown Toronto
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
- Recharge your batteries with ample vacation time
- Get that dental checkup with full benefits (extended health, dental, life, and disability)
- Never stop growing with professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- Dress for comfort in our casual, open-office environment
- Raise a glass with us every Friday at beer o’clock
- A university degree or college equivalent in computer technology or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience in software testing for client/server, web and mobile applications
- Experience with testing online solutions that are based on Web Content Management Solutions
- A minimum of four years of QA experience in the fields of website and web application development.
- In-depth experience with Windows and Mac client environments
- Strong knowledge of defect tracking testing tools and utilities
- Experience with testing web applications designed to be in compliance with WCAG and AODA guidelines
- Experience managing QA on multiple projects throughout the full software development life cycle.
- Ability to write QA documents (test strategy, test plans /test cases, procedures, test reports)
- A talent for gap analysis
- A strong work ethic, including being a good self-starter
- Ability to work in a highly collaborate, team-based environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with ‘Agile’ terminology
- Risk management, scope management, and change management
- Attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and strong ability to understand and examine data quality
- Experience with assistive technology and web accessibility testing
- Familiarity of automated testing, load testing and stress testing best practices and technologies
Working closely with the project team, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the QA effort on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Providing recommendations during the specifications and prototyping efforts for improving the usability, performance and reliability of proposed solutions
- Preparing test plans, test cases and associated test data (based on project requirements and specs), to ensure the usability, performance, quality and reliability of project solutions
- Developing and applying a set of quality assurance testing procedures and processes for each project
- Testing, identifying and logging defects, then reporting results back to the project teams.
- Analyzing test results and providing recommendations for issue resolution, when appropriate
- Writing formal project post-mortem QA reports
- Continual refinement of the company’s QA methodology
- Preparing QA Estimates
The fine print
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in Canada. If you are not eligible you will not be considered so please don't apply
- NO recruiters please. None at all. We already have our preferred recruiters.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Artur Cygan.