Senior Application Developer
In this role, you’ll be developing engaging and performance driven web applications, websites and components. You’ll work within a highly rewarding Agile environment powered by collaboration with your team and our clients.
Is this the role for you?
Simply put, you’re a SOLID developer who architects well considered solutions, strives to learn new technologies and approaches, and isn’t happy unless the team and the client are smiling from ear to ear. You have lead teams before, helped to mentor and “level-up” other developers and are always looking for opportunities to reduce overhead and technical debt for the team. Still with us? Read on ...
- Easy commute to our office in downtown Toronto
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
- Recharge your batteries with ample vacation time
- Get that dental checkup with full benefits (extended health, dental, life, and disability)
- Never stop growing with professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- Dress for comfort in our casual, open-office environment
- Raise a glass with us every Friday at beer o’clock
- University degree or diploma in interactive development, computer science or a related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience working as a senior technical architect / project lead. “Full stack” experience preferred.
- Experience in .NET 4.x and web application development (C#), ASP.Net Web Forms, ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Web API - minimum of 5 years of professional experience in .NET development.
- Relational database design and programming expertise (MS SQL Server), with knowledge of and/or experience with NoSQL technologies such as RavenDB, MongoDB, DocumentDB, etc.
- Proven experience with DevOps, continuous integration, and deployment using tools such as: TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Web Deploy, Octopus Deploy, Fake, Cake, Gulp, etc.
- Advanced source code management skills with Git using branching strategies such as Git Flow, and managing code reviews with pull requests
- Strong debugging skills combined with experience using performance and load testing tools
- Fluency in HTML5/CSS3
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with our primary content management platform, Kentico CMS, or at least 2 years of professional experience working with another .NET-based CMS (e.g., EpiServer, SiteCore, Sitefinity, DotNetNuke, Ektron)
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role with strong leadership, organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
- Professional experience working in Scrum and/or Kanban with Agile teams
- Sense of humour
- Development experience using Headless CMS platforms, e.g. Contentful, Prismic, Kentico Cloud
- Experience working on complex projects, involving challenges like: back-office integration, eCommerce, donation platforms, micro services and 3rd party APIs
- Experience designing web service contracts, so that others can integrate with your solutions and developing these as RESTful APIs
- Develop (in collaboration with other team members) creative, functional, maintainable, and performance-driven web applications, websites, and components
- Write high-quality, re-usable code following industry best practices (and the ability to teach others to follow your lead)
- Project-based work, as well as contributing to our internal library of reusable components
- Develop (in collaboration with other team members) best practices and standards for application development, and development operations within the studio
- Manage development teams on your projects (task assignment, code review)
- Manage all operational aspects of your projects, including the development pipeline, source control, branching & merging, continuous integration, and deployment
- Write concise technical documentation for new and enhanced solutions according to established standards
- Provide estimates on work efforts
- Other duties, as assigned
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.