Who we are
We’re a people first workplace made of strategists, designers, developers and quality specialists. No drama. No ego. Just industry expertise and a passion for all things digital. Projects include the design and development of corporate websites, online business applications and mobile/mobile web applications.
Who you are
As an intermediate QA Analyst at Ecentricarts, you will collaborate with fellow designers, development, and project management team members to gather digital project specifications and help create and execute test strategies and related test plans.
What you'll bring
- You are a sharp, experienced QA professional with strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of web application testing
- You are a talented, detail oriented and enthusiastic tester who is passionate about quality and customer service
- You are obsessed with quality improvement and highly committed to building reliable test plans
- You are an Agile advocate and you are always looking for ways to perform tasks more efficiently
What you’ll do
At a strategic level, our QA team drives the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. QA members are involved in early stages of projects to ensure a high level of quality is kept from the beginning. The QA team will use various tools to ensure all requirements are traceable which will help us provide a comprehensive testing coverage for our clients.
- As a QA Analyst you will be owning the QA effort on multiple concurrent projects
- You will have an opportunity to work on challenging projects that involve back-office integration, ecommerce, donation platforms, and 3rd party APIs. We use various modern frameworks including ASP.Net MVC, React, Angular.js, and new technologies such as Headless CMS platforms.
- Provide recommendations during the specifications and prototyping efforts for improving the usability, performance and reliability of proposed solutions
- Be vocal, flagging potential bottlenecks and risks during the various stages of a project
- Responsible for preparing test plans, test cases and associated test data (based on project requirements), to ensure the application has proper coverage and the results are clearly reported and verifiable
- Apply a set of quality assurance procedures and processes for each project
- Test, identify and log defects, then report results back to the project team
- Evaluate the test results and provide recommendations for issue resolution, when appropriate
- A university degree or college diploma in CS or related field with over 4 years of experience in software quality assurance
- Strong QA background with experience in handling test documents and testing results
- Experience with testing online solutions that are based on Web Content Management Solutions
- In-depth experience with Windows and Mac client environments
- Thorough knowledge of defect tracking testing tools (JIRA, HP QC, etc)
- Phenomenal understanding of web applications designed to be compliant with WCAG and AODA guidelines
- Experience leading QA on multiple projects throughout the entire development process
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Effective communicator
- A good work ethic, including being a good self-starter
- Ability to write QA documents (test plans/test cases, procedures, test reports)
- A talent for gap analysis of technical specifications
- Strong knowledge of databases and an ability to understand and examine data quality
- Familiarity of automated testing, load testing and stress testing best practices and technologies
- Easy commute to our office in downtown Toronto
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
- Recharge your batteries with ample vacation time
- Get that dental checkup with full benefits (extended health, dental, life, and disability)
- Never stop growing with professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- Dress for amenity in our casual, open-office environment
- Raise a glass with us every Thursday at Beer o’Clock
- Connect with people who have similar interests (books, movies, climbing, wellness, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send your resume to Rodrigo Alvarado.