We’re looking for a full stack developer who’s comfortable and experienced with the front, middle, back - actually all sides of creating engaging digital solutions. Come join an agile team with a clear mandate to deliver real value to their clients. We like to think of ourselves as craftspeople - passionate about quality, and pragmatic when it comes to balancing the cutting edge with the tried and tested. If you’re up for a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Easy commute to our office in downtown Toronto
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
- Recharge your batteries with ample vacation time
- Get that dental checkup with full benefits (extended health, dental, life, and disability)
- Never stop growing with professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- Dress for comfort in our casual, open-office environment
- Raise a glass with us every Friday at beer o’clock
- Complete fluency in building responsive user interfaces (BootStrap, Foundation, CSS Grid) with HTML5 and CSS3 (Sass)
- Experience developing with client-side frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue. Likewise, proven ability with the classics (JQuery, underscore.js, require.js)
- You like to automate, so experience with build tools, CLIs, continuous integration or deployment techniques expected (Webpack, Gulp, TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus Deploy etc.)
- You build sites to meet performance targets (WebPageTest, PageSpeed Insights) and are familiar with methods of performance optimization
- Experience in .NET 4.x and web application development (C#), ASP.Net Web Forms, ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Web API - minimum of 2 years experience in .NET development.
- Relational database and programming experience (MS SQL Server), knowledge of and/or experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB a plus.
- Experience consuming and developing web services (REST, SOAP)
- Strong debugging skills combined with experience using performance and load testing tools.
- Leadership skills a plus, strong organizational skills, strong verbal/ written communication skills, negotiation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with coworkers and project stakeholders
- Experience with Babel, TypeScript, or another transpiler
- Experience developing accessible sites (AODA / WCAG)
- Experience working with Agile practices in Scrum and/or Kanban a plus
- Experience working with content management platforms such as Kentico CMS, SiteCore, WordPress.
- Architect and develop (in collaboration with your team) creative, functional, maintainable and performance driven web applications, websites and components.
- Write high-quality, re-usable code following industry best practices, and be able to teach others to follow your lead
- Project based work, as well as contributing to our internal library of reusable components.
- Develop (in collaboration with other team members) best practices and standards for development operations within the studio.
- Write concise technical documentation for new and enhanced solutions according to established standards
- Other duties, as assigned.
The Fine Print
- You MUST include a link to an online portfolio or github to be considered
- You MUST currently be eligible to work in Canada.
- No agencies or recruiters.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Sarah Pengelly.