We’re seeking an experienced designer to join the design and strategy team at ecentricarts.
You’ll be responsible for user experience and visual design on a wide range of web projects, combining strategic vision with creative insight to deliver everything from full responsive website rebuilds, to agile interface design. You’re able to move from one project to the next with ease, and have confidence in your skills and perspective.
A bit about you
You’re a visual thinker. You love to take complex concepts and make them simple through good design.
You know how to use Human Centered Design methods to find where our clients users and business needs intersect.
You thrive on collaborating with a team and can see the opportunity in every task thrown your way.
What you'll bring
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the ux and visual design of digital products that have been released to market
- An up-to-date portfolio with an emphasis on craft and details on your specific role and contribution
- Content strategy knowledge, with the ability to map user journeys across multiple touch-points
- Deep knowledge and skills in design, typography, interaction, and technology and fluency in the contemporary tools to realize it
- The ability to work with other designers, front and back-end web developers as well as the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly
- A positive addition to our company culture and team-player sensibility
What you'll do
- Lead requirements gathering, business and user analysis using HCD methodology
- Highly collaborative, able to communicate with front and back-end developers effectively
- Research, organize, and structure content to ensure users can find information and complete tasks
- Solve complex interaction challenges and provide innovative user interface solutions
- Design and prototype interaction models using UI prototypes and animation
- Establish visual language for interactive systems using typography, iconography and a strong of information hierarchy
- Easy commute to our office in downtown Toronto
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
- Recharge your batteries with ample vacation time
- Get that dental checkup with full benefits (extended health, dental, life, and disability)
- Never stop growing with professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education
- Dress for comfort in our casual, open-office environment
- Raise a glass with us every Friday at beer o’clock
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send your resume to Matthew Warland.